San Fernando, CAFull Time
Posted: June 24th, 2022
Behavioral Learning Center, now part of Star of CA (a Stepping Stones Group Company) is currently interviewing Speech Language Pathologist Assistants in San Fernando Valley, CA!
Behavioral Learning Center (BLC) provides behavior analytic services to children and adults with developmental disabilities such as autism and other related conditions in the home setting. ABA therapy is deemed an essential service, and due to the COVID-19 pandemic we have taken safety precaution steps for in-home treatment sessions to ensure our people and our clients are protected.
- Assisting in the assessment and treatment of speech, language, voice, and fluency disorders in the home setting
- Implementing speech and language programs or activities as planned
- Monitoring the use of alternative communication devices and systems
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams including Occupational Therapists and Behavior Analysts.
- Providing individual or group intervention/therapy in the home setting
- Assess communication skills (e.g., articulation, fluency, voice, expressive and receptive language, etc.) for the purpose of identifying communication disorders, determining program eligibility, and developing recommendations for treatment.
- Assist in provision of on-going training and education to caregivers
- Watching your clients make progress as a result of your team's efforts
- Required: Bachelor's degree in speech-language pathology, communication disorders, or related-field of study
- Current Speech-Language Pathology Assistant registration with the Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensers Board of California
- Ideal candidate has 2+ years work experience working with children (ages 0-7) with autism spectrum disorder in home or school setting
- Valid California Driver's License, clear DMV report and proof of automobile insurance
- Acceptable fingerprint clearance through California DOJ and FBI
- Tuberculosis clearance
- Ability to lift/pull/push items weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to stand, sit, twist, kneel, bend-over, crouch down, walk, sprint for extended periods of time
Join our team of essential workers and be a part of an exceptional team that has fun together, supports one another, and strives together to achieve the purpose and values of BLC!
Occupation Classification Requirements:
- Speech-Language Pathology Assistant
Please check the box above if you meet this job's requirements