23455 Virginia Beach, VA 23455 US
We are looking for fun, dynamic, and motivated Speech Language Pathologists to join our growing outpatient practice. Our multi-disciplinary practice provides services to patients of all ages with a fo
Virginia Innovative Therapy Associates, LLC
Jennifer Taylor or Amber Bass
Date Posted: 2019-01-25
We are looking for fun, dynamic, and motivated Speech Language Pathologists to join our growing outpatient practice. Our multi-disciplinary practice provides services to patients of all ages with a focus in pediatrics. Our environment is family friendly and customer service oriented.
A qualified Speech-Language Pathologist independently performs evaluations and assessments, creates and carries out appropriate treatment plans, parent/caregiver education and training with home exercise programs, communicates with pediatricians and referring physicians in addition to timely completion of documentation and discharge planning. Our pediatric patient population consists of 0-18 year old patients with articulation, language, dysphagia, literacy, neurological and developmental conditions while our adult population consists of 18+ year old patients with articulation, cognitive communication disorders, voice disorders, and traumatic brain injury. Our speech language-pathologists direct activities to promote and maintain health, within the scope of practice and consistent with the Code of Ethics of the profession. Motivated CFYs with pediatric experience will be strongly considered.
- Screens, examines and evaluates patients, including history, systems review, and application of appropriate tests and measures, synthesis information and interprets examination findings in order to establish a diagnosis, identify impairments, determine the predicted level of improvement and the time required to achieve it, identify precautions/contraindications and design and plan of care. Develops appropriate treatment goals and methods in collaboration with the patient and caregivers, implements the speech language pathology treatment plan, and completes all related documentation and record keeping regarding these services. Services application of therapeutic techniques in areas such as: cognitive-communication; speech intelligibility; swallowing disorders/dysphagia; literacy and phonological awareness; executive functioning skills; perceptual abilities; orientation; memory; pragmatics; and/or functional communication.
- Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences and other related meetings.
- Coordinates the acquisition of adaptive communication devices and instructs patients in their use.
- Facilitates identification of hearing deficits and appropriately refers for assessment, diagnosis, rehabilitation and/or personal amplification.
- Puts Patient Service first, ensuring that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individual's needs and rights.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- A master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology, Communication Disorders, Communicative Disorders or similarly titled area that is consistent and acceptable to the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Possess or be eligible for a Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) or be eligible to participate as an ASHA Clinical Fellow (CFY).
- Be licensed, certified or credentialed, as required in the state of Virginia.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $83,000.00 /year
Occupation Classification Requirements:
- Speech-Language Pathologist OR
- Speech-Language Pathologist (CFY)