This course will provide information on how to develop a communication ladder (step-wise shaping of verbal communication) with tips on different strategies and activities to use at each step to keep children engaged and interested in the treatment process. Additionally, stimulus fading will be taught, as well as how to utilize stimulus fading with multiple people in multiple settings.
- After this course, participants will be able to explain the negative reinforcement loop.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe how to create a graded exposure hierarchy based on communication (verbal and nonverbal).
- After this course, participants will be able to describe how to construct a fading procedure to transfer speech to a new communication partner.
- After this course, participants will be able to name activities that could be done at each step of the graded exposure.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe when and how to progress through the stages of treatment.
|0-15 Minutes||Introduction and Overview|
|15-45 Minutes||Behavioral Treatment|
|45-55 Minutes||Utilizing behavioral intervention in school and in public settings|
|55-60 Minutes||Conclusion; Q&A|
No more reviews to load.
Content Disclosure: This learning event does not focus exclusively on any specific product or service.
Course participation information
To ensure you are ready to participate, please complete our short Test Drive to prepare your computer to view the course.
Login and logout times will be recorded and documented.
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit, where applicable.
Live Webinars allow presenter and participant interaction. The exam and course evaluation for these courses must be completed within 7 days of the event.
On-demand courses include texts, video and audio recordings of live webinars, and multimedia formats. The exam and course evaluation for on-demand courses must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the exam, and earn continuing education credit (where applicable), you must be a SpeechPathology.com member.
SpeechPathology.com is committed to providing equal opportunities in accordance with all applicable laws. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that we will require a minimum of 2 weeks to provide a reasonable accommodation for your request.
Visit our Contact us page or give us a call if you have questions.