This course includes an introduction and overview of the general principles of dynamic assessment. Examples and applications of dynamic assessment in speech-language pathology are presented.
- After this course, participants will be able to define differences between static and dynamic assessments.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe two broad categories of dynamic assessment.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe dynamic assessments that have been used specific to speech and language disorders.
- After this course, participants will be able to list the benefits of using a dynamic assessment approach.
- After this course, participants will be able to explain how data collected using dynamic assessment can be used to support Evidence Based Practice.
|0-10 Minutes||Introduction, overview, and historical context|
|10-20 Minutes||Types of dynamic assessments (DA)|
|20-35 Minutes||Pre-test/teach/post-test approach to DA in speech and language|
|35-50 Minutes||Graduated prompt approach to DA in speech and language|
|50-55 Minutes||Future directions|
|55-60 Minutes||Conclusion; Q&A|
No more reviews to load.
Content Disclosure: This learning event does not focus exclusively on any specific product or service.
Course participation information
To ensure you are ready to participate, please complete our short Test Drive to prepare your computer to view the course.
Login and logout times will be recorded and documented.
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit, where applicable.
Live Webinars allow presenter and participant interaction. The exam and course evaluation for these courses must be completed within 7 days of the event.
On-demand courses include texts, video and audio recordings of live webinars, and multimedia formats. The exam and course evaluation for on-demand courses must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the exam, and earn continuing education credit (where applicable), you must be a SpeechPathology.com member.
SpeechPathology.com is committed to providing equal opportunities in accordance with all applicable laws. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that we will require a minimum of 2 weeks to provide a reasonable accommodation for your request.
Visit our Contact us page or give us a call if you have questions.