This course will review the causes, signs and symptoms, staging, and treatment options for patients with head and neck cancer. Evaluation and evidence based treatment strategies for patients undergoing chemoradiation will be reviewed. Information presented will include methods for management of side effects relating to swallowing. Implementation of a prophylactic swallow therapy program will also be discussed.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe risk factors, signs and symptoms, and staging of head and neck cancer.
- After this course, participants will be able to list treatment options for head and neck cancer.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe swallow evaluation and treatment procedures for patients before, during, and after treatment for head and neck cancer.
- After this course, participants will be able to list strategies for implementing prophylactic dysphagia therapy for patients undergoing chemoradiation for head and neck cancer.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe management methods for the swallow-related side effects of treatment.
|0-10 Minutes||Introduction and overview of head and neck cancer risk factors, signs and symptoms, staging, and treatment options for head and neck cancer.|
|10-20 Minutes||Describe side effects of chemoradiation that may affect all stages of swallowing and review strategies to minimize those side effects.|
|20-30 Minutes||Review of evidence-based research supporting prophylactic swallow therapy.|
|30-40 Minutes||Discuss therapy strategies for managing dysphagia resulting from treatment.|
|40-50 Minutes||Discuss multidisciplinary team management strategies to promote patient compliance and to maximize communication with other team members.|
|50-60 Minutes||Questions and Answers|
No more reviews to load.
Content Disclosure: This learning event does not focus exclusively on any specific product or service.
Course participation information
To ensure you are ready to participate, please complete our short Test Drive to prepare your computer to view the course.
Login and logout times will be recorded and documented.
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit, where applicable.
Live Webinars allow presenter and participant interaction. The exam and course evaluation for these courses must be completed within 7 days of the event.
On-demand courses include texts, video and audio recordings of live webinars, and multimedia formats. The exam and course evaluation for on-demand courses must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the exam, and earn continuing education credit (where applicable), you must be a SpeechPathology.com member.
SpeechPathology.com is committed to providing equal opportunities in accordance with all applicable laws. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that we will require a minimum of 2 weeks to provide a reasonable accommodation for your request.
Visit our Contact us page or give us a call if you have questions.