Verb Network Strengthening Treatment (VNeST) is an aphasia treatment developed with the intent to promote lexical retrieval in single word and sentence contexts with the intent to generalize lexical retrieval improvements to discourse. This course will first briefly review the theoretical foundation and research findings related to VNeST. Then more detail will be given related to potential clinical applications with specific examples.
- After this course, participants will be able to list the language abilities that Verb Network Strengthening Treatment (VNeST) aims to target in persons with aphasia.
- After this course, participants will be able to summarize the research findings from previous Verb Network Strengthening Treatment studies.
- After this course, participants will be able to list the treatment steps of VNeST.
- After this course, participants will be able to create possible stimuli/treatment items for VNeST that could be used in the clinic.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe assessments that are important to administer before and after VNeST treatment in order to gauge potential improvement.
|0-15 Minutes||Introduction and Theoretical background|
|15-30 Minutes||Review of Evidence-based findings|
|30-55 Minutes||Detailed review of the treatment steps with potential clinical application|
|55-60 Minutes||Conclusion; Q&A|
No more reviews to load.
Content Disclosure: This event will primarily focus on the VNeST approach to aphasia treatment and will not discuss other treatment approaches in any detail.
Course participation information
To ensure you are ready to participate, please complete our short Test Drive to prepare your computer to view the course.
Login and logout times will be recorded and documented.
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit, where applicable.
Live Webinars allow presenter and participant interaction. The exam and course evaluation for these courses must be completed within 7 days of the event.
On-demand courses include texts, video and audio recordings of live webinars, and multimedia formats. The exam and course evaluation for on-demand courses must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the exam, and earn continuing education credit (where applicable), you must be a SpeechPathology.com member.
SpeechPathology.com is committed to providing equal opportunities in accordance with all applicable laws. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact email@example.com. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that we will require a minimum of 2 weeks to provide a reasonable accommodation for your request.
Visit our Contact us page or give us a call if you have questions.