Improving Social Skills in Children with Psychiatric Disturbances
Course Learning Outcomes
- After this course, participants will be able to identify social pragmatic deficit areas of children with psychiatric impairments.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe components and targets of successful social skills treatments.
- After this course, participants will be able to list common challenging behavior types and explain proactive behavior strategies used to prevent inappropriate behaviors from occurring.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe social pragmatic treatment approaches that can be used for children with psychiatric impairments.
- After this course, participants will be able to identify materials that can be used to address relevant social pragmatic treatment goals.
|0-5 Minutes||Overview of social skills impairments in children with psychiatric diagnoses|
|5-15 Minutes||Social skills components and intervention targets|
|15-25 Minutes||Behavior functions and management strategies|
|25-45 Minutes||Social skills intervention approaches|
|45-55 Minutes||useful therapy materials targeting various social pragmatic areas|
|55-60 Minutes||Conclusion; Q & A|
Course Participation Information
To ensure you are ready to participate, please complete our short Test Drive to prepare your computer to view the course.
Login and logout times will be recorded and documented.
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit, where applicable.
Live Webinars allow presenter and participant interaction. The exam and course evaluation for these courses must be completed within 7 days of the event.
On-demand courses include texts, video and audio recordings of live webinars, and multimedia formats. The exam and course evaluation for on-demand courses must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the exam, and earn continuing education credit (where applicable), you must be a CEU Total Access member
SpeechPathology.com is committed to providing equal opportunities in accordance with all applicable laws. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact email@example.com. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that we will require a minimum of 2 weeks to provide a reasonable accommodation for your request.
Visit our Contact us page or give us a call if you have questions.