Therapia Staffing is currently seeking an experienced Speech Language Pathologist to fill an opening with a school district located in the Winchester, Va area. The ideal candidates should have reliable forms of transportation and should have a master’s degree in speech language pathology.
Requirements of Speech Therapist:
· Masters in speech pathology/OR equivalent out of state license with good standing;
· 1-2 years minimum of school experience;
· Speech Language Pathology- Licensed in VA OR willing to obtain,
· Willing to undergo background check.
Benefits of the Job:
· Full Time
· Medical / Dental / Vision
· 401k or long term incentives
· Company perks
Responsibilities of the Speech Therapist
· Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
· Assess students with speech or language disorders, diagnose and identify disorders, and determine eligibility for services.
· As part of a team, develop and implement Individual Education Plans (IEPs). Determines speech and language goals and objectives.
· Develops speech and language treatment plans. Provides appropriate individual and group therapy to students consistent with speech/language goals in the IEP.
· Maintain records for the purpose of providing written documentation of services provided and student progress.
· Evaluate student progress and determine readiness for termination of therapy services.
· Travel between sites, as assigned, to perform therapeutic activities.
· Supervises Speech-Language Pathology Assistants.
· Perform additional duties as assigned.
Occupation Classification Requirements:
- Speech-Language Pathologist