North Augusta, SC 29841 US
We are working with a wonderful school district in greater Augusta, SC who is in need of a Speech Language Pathologist for the 2017-2018 school year (We can also consider a CFY!)!Welcome to the beauti
Date Posted: 2018-02-22
Welcome to the beautiful City of Aiken! Shop, dine, and catch live music while meandering quaint downtown streets, gaze at an iconic oak canopy, experience the equestrian culture, and take a historic trolley tour. Aiken quickly rises to the top as home to many thoroughbred champions—where polo matches and fox hunts are a way of life. But did you know Aiken also boasts a rich arts scene and is home to one of the nation’s largest urban forests?
Researches resources and methods (e.g. intervention and treatment techniques, assessment tools and methods, community resources, etc.) for the purpose of determining the appropriate approach for addressing students' needs.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
The job of Speech Language Pathologist is to identify students with communication disabilities; planning and implementing appropriate treatment to minimize adverse impact on student success; recommending treatment plans; and providing direction to Communication Therapy Aides.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Skills required to perform multiple, highly complex, technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions include: applying assessment instruments; operating specialized equipment used in the treatment of communication disorders; operating standard office equipment including pertinent computer software; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: anatomy and physiology of speech and hearing mechanisms and disorders; principles and practices of speech and language therapy; and pertinent codes, policies, regulations and/or laws.
- Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; utilizing specialized equipment in communication disorders; maintaining confidentiality; meeting deadlines and schedules; working as part of a team; working with detailed information/data; maintaining effective working relationships; and translating therapy data into meaningful educational activities.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; and some fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 40% sitting, 40% walking, and 20% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Experience: 1-2 years
Education: Masters’ Degree
Continuing Educ. / Training: Maintain Licensure
Certification/License: Current State Speech and Hearing License, Active ASHA Certification
We have put together an incredible compensation package for the right therapist for this role!
Every therapist has a unique story and a unique reason to accept each and every contract and while one travel contract may work for some, it may not work for others! At TherapyTravelers, we work to understand your unique story and work diligently to uncover the best opportunity for each and every one of our therapists.
Paid Time Off
Paid Holiday Time
8 to 52 week contracts
5 year service tropical vacation!
10 year service $10,000 cash bonus!
Supportive front and back office team
We would love to share our story with you and provide you some insight to joining our team of dedicated and talented therapists!
Please apply to the open role, or send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Occupation Classification Requirements:
- Speech-Language Pathologist OR
- Speech-Language Pathologist (CFY)