The Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities (Cuyahoga DD) is seeking a manager to develop plans and policies for SLP staff and Assistive Technology staff, while managing the provision speech/language pathology services, assistive technology specialist services, and sign language interpreter services to individuals eligible for Board services. The nature of work will include, but is not limited to the following:
- Provide clinical supervision, performance evaluation, and feedback to Speech/Language Pathologist (SLP) Supervisor, Speech/Language Pathologists (SLP), Assistive Technology Specialists (ATS), and Sign/Language Interpreter. Assign and prioritize the caseloads of therapists and specialists based on emergent needs.
- Organize and monitor SLP staff with regard to adherence to policies and procedures for therapy provision, clinical practices, and ethics standards.
- Train SLPs and ATS and maintain standards for performance of evaluations, record keeping (hard copy and electronic), implementation of treatment, technical competency, review of objectives, plans, and treatment.
- Monitor elements and implementation of services delivered by SLP and ATS staff through analysis of programmatic productivity and outcome data.
- Maintain and monitor Kronos data for SLP, ATS, and Sign Language Interpreter staff including professional leave requests, absences, and timecards. Manage staff mileage and work from home requests.
- Establish or coordinate in-service opportunities to advance professional growth of SLP, ATS, and Sign Language Interpreter staff.
- Participate in recruitment and hiring process for SLP, ATS, and Sign Language Interpreter staff and new employee orientation.
- Plan, develop, and implement best practice efforts with the management team, including the Division Manager.
- Review requests and referrals for SLP, ATS services from school districts, support administrators, etc. and assign accordingly.
- Manage all activities of the Assistive Technology Equipment Lending Library, the CLE (Custom Living Environment), and the ATV (Assistive Technology Vehicle).
- Develop and maintain relationships with external entities including but not limited to public school districts, private provider agencies and other community partners. Identify and cultivate opportunities for new relationships within the community to further the mission of Cuyahoga DD.
- Participate in department work efforts related to agency committees, task forces, and other initiatives as assigned. As necessary, make presentations or coordinate staff to present on applicable topics.
- As necessary, represent Cuyahoga DD in dealings with other State, regional and local agencies and organizations. As necessary, attend and participate in meetings, committees, conferences and make presentations on applicable topics.
- Manage, provide recommendations and oversee SLP budget expenditures.
- Provide consultation services to management, administrative staff and parents/guardians as part of general or specific training requests.
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: May participate in supervision of Speech-Language Pathology students placed in the Cuyahoga DD program. Supervise and evaluate speech/language pathology staff, assistive technology specialist staff, and sign language interpreter.
SALARY: The minimum starting salary is $70,697 but the actual starting salary is negotiable, based on knowledge, skills, education, and abilities, as well as the compensation policies of the agency.
- Master's Degree in Speech/Language Pathology.
- License in Speech-Language Pathology from the State of Ohio.
- At least three years' experience in a coordinating/program development role required.
- At least two years of supervisory experience required.
- Valid state of Ohio driver's license and continued maintenance of excellent driving record.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: Working at the Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities is more than a salary. The Total Compensation Package is fantastic and includes extensive paid time off, flex working schedules, some remote work, outstanding healthcare benefits that include low cost major medical as well as free dental, vision, and life insurance! There is also the advantage of a great pension plan through the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System, not to mention annual pay increases with the ability to earn performance bonuses. If that wasn't enough, you will have the opportunity to work in an outstanding work environment as part of a multidisciplinary group of professionals.
The Cuyahoga DD recruits and retains outstanding individuals who are committed to our mission of supporting and empowering people with developmental disabilities to live, learn, work and play in the community. We seek to attract diverse staff who desire to inspire, to promote abilities and talents, to foster inclusion is all aspects of community life, and to hold themselves and others to high expectations. We hope you choose to join our team!
Occupation Classification Requirements:
- Speech-Language Pathologist
Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities
Phone: Pref 216-241-8230
Visit Company Website