Palo Alto, CA 94303
AchieveKids is a dynamic, nonprofit educational organization, serving students with complex emotional and developmental challenges. We focus on the skills and abilities necessary for our student
Date Posted: 2019-10-22
AchieveKids is a dynamic, nonprofit educational organization, serving students with complex emotional and developmental challenges. We focus on the skills and abilities necessary for our students to transition to progressively more independent learning and living environments. We strive to create joy in learning in order to enhance success beyond our doors.
1 Opening at each Location:
- 3860 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto, CA 94555
- 1212 McGinness Avenue, San Jose, CA 95127
This is a regular, full-time, exempt, day shift position.
You are a licensed Speech Language Pathologist or an SLP Clinical Fellow that is responsible for providing evaluation and treatment of students ages 5-22 in accordance with approved policies, procedures, and protocols. You enjoy planning, implementing, and coordinating comprehensive therapy. You thrive in an interdisciplinary team setting.
- Ongoing assessment of designated students’ speech and language needs
- Writing individual speech and language goals and objectives
- Planning and implementation of necessary speech therapy
- Supervise and/or support other speech therapy staff
- Collaborate and coordinate with all team members and attend parent conferences
- Carry out behavioral interventions with children and/or adolescents, which could include visually/auditorily monitoring clients, evading or containing physical aggression, lifting, and pursuing clients who might be running away
- Facilitate open communication, the team process within the Agency, and a positive attitude toward program function and general Agency goals
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Speech Pathology, and California license/CCC or eligibility
- Competencies in the following:
- PART techniques (annual PART certification is a requirement for this classification)
- Working knowledge of the principles of applied behavioral analysis
- Working knowledge of skill and communication training materials
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to function as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to think and act autonomously in a variety of situations.
- Valid California driver’s license
- Criminal record clearance or formal exemption
- 7 weeks paid time off!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance plan options
- Retirement plan with company match
- Tuition and professional development assistance
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- A fun, positive, and strength-based learning environment!
Occupation Classification Requirements:
- Speech-Language Pathologist OR
- Speech-Language Pathologist - Clinical Fellow OR
- Speech-Language Pathology Assistant