ATX Learning is currently accepting applications from self-motivated and experienced Speech-Language Pathology Assistants to join our school staff to work with students who have severe speech and language disorders as well as physical, emotional, and learning disabilities for the new school year in CA.
Supervision: Under the general direction of the Director of Special Education. Under the immediate direction of the Language, Speech and Hearing Specialist while performing services at the school site.
Duties and Responsibilities: The duties listed are typical, but not exclusive.
• Provide direct speech and language therapy to children and follow documented treatment plans or protocols.
• Document student performance, such as tallying data.
• Prepare charts, records, and graphs and reports information.
• Assist the Language, Speech, and Hearing Specialist during assessment of students.
• Prepare therapy materials and/or equipment for use in classroom and therapy activities.
• Adapt or modify instructional materials and/or equipment as determined by student needs and abilities for teacher under the supervision of the Speech and Hearing Specialist.
• Assist instructional personnel in the implementation of Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
• Support the Language, Speech and Hearing Specialist in research projects, and in-service trainings.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Speech-language pathology equipment, materials, and procedures.
• Language development in children.
• Articulation development.
• Learning problems of children with special educational needs.
• Student behavior management techniques and strategies.
• Simple record keeping and record management.
Qualification and Experience:
• Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade or possession of an associate degree in speech-language pathology, or graduation from a speech-language pathology assistant certificate program.
• Typical qualifying experience would include: one year of experience
• Additional experience working with children (ages three to twenty-one) is desirable.
• Registration with the Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Board as a Speech-Language Pathology Assistant.
• All school personnel must successfully complete a fingerprint background check through Live-Scan and provide current tuberculosis clearance.
Occupation Classification Requirements:
- Speech-Language Pathology Assistant