Milemarkers, a therapist owned pediatric therapy clinic, is looking to hire a Speech Language Pathologist to join our team in our three sunny, beautiful locations including Bullhead City, Kingman, and Lake Havasu Arizona! If you want to work for a company that truly cares about its employees this is it. Milemarkers is a fun, collaborative, and caring group that works together to provide the best care for our families. Our team helps each other grow both professionally and personally. For a workplace that is more than just a job, click on the link to see the many benefits that Milemarkers provides!
A Day in the Life of a Speech-Language Pathologist / SLP:
As a Speech-Language Pathologist / SLP, you develop treatment plans to assist patients with speech problems such as delayed language, inappropriate pitch, stuttering, swallowing disorders, or harsh voice problems. You detect language development issues and determine the best course of treatment. In order to correctly diagnose issues and develop an effective treatment plan, you evaluate language, speech, and hearing test results as well as medical information. You continually assess their needs and adjust treatments in accordance with their progression.
You keep detailed documentation regarding billing, insurance, evaluations, progress, treatments, and discharges. Thoughtfully, you develop personalized home practice programs to enhance results. You are patient and always communicate clearly with clients. When necessary, you refer clients to additional educational or medical services. You enjoy using your speech-language expertise to improve the lives of children!
Experience with pediatric, autistic, and developmentally disabled clients is preferred, but not necessarily required! Are you organized and detail-oriented? Do you have a friendly and positive demeanor? Can you manage your time well and prioritize tasks accordingly? Are you patient? Do you work well as part of a team? If so, please consider applying to this position today!
Qualifications for a Speech-Language Pathologist / SLP:
- Current Arizona SLP license
- Certificate of clinical competence (CCC) in speech-language pathology
- Master's in speech-language pathology
- Current state speech and language pathologist license
Here are some of the perks at Milemarkers:
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Paid Documentation & Set Up Time
- Paid National and State Licensure
- Paid Membership to State or National Association
- Retirement IRA with 4% Matching
- Relocation Assistance
- Health Insurance & Medical Benefits
- Supplemental Insurance
- Weekly Therapy Team Meetings
- Pay Even if a Client Cancels
- Fun Team-Building Challenges
- Casual Dress Code
- Epic Holiday Parties
- Paid Life Insurance Policy
- Employee Appreciation
- Fun Co-Workers & Admin Team
- Treat Fairy
- Monthly Spirit Days
The focus of Milemarkers is to provide education, support, and environments for families and individuals with disabilities within our community, county wide. Milemarkers believes that individuals with disabilities should have the opportunity to receive therapy services and supports in their own community in order to increase their functional independence. At the heart of our service planning and delivery are core values and philosophies that help shape family-friendly and diversified services.
As an organization:
- We believe that human relationships are the basis for growth and change.
- We respect the individuals we serve, their families, our employees, as well as the companies with whom we do business.
- We are committed to finding positive solutions for both the individuals we serve and their families.
- We are committed to helping individuals we serve have the best opportunity to both develop relationships and to realize their full potential.
- We encourage a culture that embraces and promotes growth, change and innovation through teamwork with multiple disciplines, families, and consumers.
- We provide employment coaching and support for individuals with disabilities which does have a positive impact on our local economy.
- We provide supervised visitation and parent aide training in hopes of reunifying families in the foster care system.
- We provide interdisciplinary teaming throughout all programs.
- We educate the community to recognize abilities rather than disabilities.
- We provide education and training at multiple levels for students up to professionals in the therapy field.
Occupation Classification Requirements:
- Speech-Language Pathologist OR
- Speech-Language Pathologist - Clinical Fellow