This course will provide an introduction to modified barium swallow studies. Video clips and static video will be used to teach anatomical markers of the oropharyngeal swallow, physiology of the normal swallow and oropharyngeal phases, and provide examples of normal esophageal function. Note: This is a 2-hour event. Exam content will be presented within the event; please print the preview exam OR have pencil/paper ready to record your answers for entry into the electronic system afterward.
- After this course, participants will be able to state why evidenced-based practice (EBP) is important in dysphagia assessment and treatment.
- After this course, participants will be able to identify anatomical markers on videofluoroscopic images.
- After this course, participants will be able to identify normal physiology of the swallow based on anatomical markers.
- After this course, participants will be able to identify normal versus disordered oropharyngeal swallowing under videofluoroscopy.
- After this course, participants will be able to identify normal esophageal function vs disordered function under videofluoroscopy.
|0-5 Minutes||Introduction and overview|
|5-20 Minutes||Evidence-based practice and application to dysphagia evaluation and treatment|
|20-40 Minutes||Physiology of the normal swallow|
|40-60 Minutes||Identification of anatomical markers on videofluoroscopy-labeled|
|60-80 Minutes||The Normal Swallow|
|80-95 Minutes||The Aging Swallow|
|95-110 Minutes||Identification of normal vs disordered swallow|
|110-120 Minutes||Conclusion; Q&A|
No more reviews to load.
Content Disclosure: This learning event does not focus exclusively on any specific product or service.
Course participation information
To ensure you are ready to participate, please complete our short Test Drive to prepare your computer to view the course.
Login and logout times will be recorded and documented.
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit, where applicable.
Live Webinars allow presenter and participant interaction. The exam and course evaluation for these courses must be completed within 7 days of the event.
On-demand courses include texts, video and audio recordings of live webinars, and multimedia formats. The exam and course evaluation for on-demand courses must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the exam, and earn continuing education credit (where applicable), you must be a SpeechPathology.com member.
SpeechPathology.com is committed to providing equal opportunities in accordance with all applicable laws. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that we will require a minimum of 2 weeks to provide a reasonable accommodation for your request.
Visit our Contact us page or give us a call if you have questions.