Attitude is everything! We expect professional and positive attitudes from our supervisees, yet do we hold ourselves to the same standards? Attitude is the foundation for our behavior, but how many of us can describe our attitude beyond surface terms like “positive” or “negative"? What shapes your attitude toward supervising? This course will introduce you to “SWOT,” an efficient tool to identify Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats and will reveal how pinpointing these components can help you define your attitude and improve supervisory skills and relationships.
- After this course, participants will be able to define their attitude toward supervision using descriptive terms.
- After this course, participants will be able to list at least 5 toxic and 5 facilitative supervisory traits as identified by students.
- After this course, participants will be able to define the 4 key components of the SWOT analysis tool.
- After this course, participants will be able to list at least 3 personally relevant items within each SWOT category
- After this course, participants will be able to describe how SWOT can be used effectively for personal goal development and as a multi-purpose tool with supervisees.
|0-10 Minutes||Introduction and overview, including Powell Survey handout|
|10-30 Minutes||Background re: attitudes, self-reflection|
|30-55 Minutes||SWOT background and rationale; examples|
|55-60 Minutes||Conclusion; Q&A|
No more reviews to load.
Content Disclosure: This learning event does not focus exclusively on any specific product or service.
Course participation information
To ensure you are ready to participate, please complete our short Test Drive to prepare your computer to view the course.
Login and logout times will be recorded and documented.
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit, where applicable.
Live Webinars allow presenter and participant interaction. The exam and course evaluation for these courses must be completed within 7 days of the event.
On-demand courses include texts, video and audio recordings of live webinars, and multimedia formats. The exam and course evaluation for on-demand courses must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the exam, and earn continuing education credit (where applicable), you must be a SpeechPathology.com member.
SpeechPathology.com is committed to providing equal opportunities in accordance with all applicable laws. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact email@example.com. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that we will require a minimum of 2 weeks to provide a reasonable accommodation for your request.
Visit our Contact us page or give us a call if you have questions.