Emergent literacy outcomes for culturally and linguistically diverse preschoolers enrolled in a parent shared-reading program are explored. Parental perspectives along with scores on preschool tests are used to establish outcomes over time. Techniques and intervention program materials are discussed that support development in emergent literacy.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe the importance of contextual considerations on emergent literacy.
- After this course, participants will be able to identify parental perspectives on parent shared-reading programs.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe the difference between qualitative and quantitative outcomes.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe major benefits of parent shared reading programs.
- After this course, participants will be able to identify intervention and assessment resources used in the presented program.
|15-50 Minutes||Parent-shared reading program: Description and outcomes|
|50-55 Minutes||Clinical Implications|
|55-60 Minutes||Conclusion; Q&A|
No more reviews to load.
Content Disclosure: This learning event does not focus exclusively on any specific product or service.
Course participation information
To ensure you are ready to participate, please complete our short Test Drive to prepare your computer to view the course.
Login and logout times will be recorded and documented.
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit, where applicable.
Live Webinars allow presenter and participant interaction. The exam and course evaluation for these courses must be completed within 7 days of the event.
On-demand courses include texts, video and audio recordings of live webinars, and multimedia formats. The exam and course evaluation for on-demand courses must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the exam, and earn continuing education credit (where applicable), you must be a SpeechPathology.com member.
SpeechPathology.com is committed to providing equal opportunities in accordance with all applicable laws. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact email@example.com. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that we will require a minimum of 2 weeks to provide a reasonable accommodation for your request.
Visit our Contact us page or give us a call if you have questions.