This course will provide the practicing clinician with an introduction to the developmental, relationship-based approach to intervention for individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). Principles of the approach will be described and research on outcomes will be summarized. Case studies will be used to demonstrate application of the model for achieving communication goals.
- After this course, participants will be able to list the Functional-Emotional Developmental Levels (FEDLs) of the DIR®/Floortime model.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe the relationship between the FEDLs and speech-language and communication development in young children.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe the application of the DIR/Floortime model to speech-language intervention.
- After this course, participants will be able to explain strategies for embedding speech-language goals in DIR/Floortime sessions.
- After this course, participants will be able to list two sources of evidence to support the use of DIR/Floortime in intervention with individuals with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
|0-10 Minutes||Introduction to the DIR®/Floortime Model|
|10-30 Minutes||Explanation of the Functional Emotional Developmental Levels and corresponding Speech-Language-Communication Milestones|
|30-40 Minutes||Presentation of evidence on outcomes with individuals with ASD|
|40-55 Minutes||Case presentations – individuals with ASD|
|55-60 Minutes||Conclusion; Q&A|
No more reviews to load.
Content Disclosure: This learning event does not focus exclusively on any specific product or service.
Course participation information
To ensure you are ready to participate, please complete our short Test Drive to prepare your computer to view the course.
Login and logout times will be recorded and documented.
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit, where applicable.
Live Webinars allow presenter and participant interaction. The exam and course evaluation for these courses must be completed within 7 days of the event.
On-demand courses include texts, video and audio recordings of live webinars, and multimedia formats. The exam and course evaluation for on-demand courses must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the exam, and earn continuing education credit (where applicable), you must be a SpeechPathology.com member.
SpeechPathology.com is committed to providing equal opportunities in accordance with all applicable laws. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact email@example.com. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that we will require a minimum of 2 weeks to provide a reasonable accommodation for your request.
Visit our Contact us page or give us a call if you have questions.