Navigating the landscape of mobile technology can be overwhelming. This course will highlight tools to help choose appropriate iPad applications. It will feature strategies to identify how iPads can be effectively used as an AAC device and describe how to support families throughout the process.
- After this course, participants will be able to list 2-3 resources to identify iPad apps for AAC.
- After this course, participants will be able to define feature matching and describe its purpose.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe the assessment process to identify the best AAC system for any user.
- After this course, participants will be able to define what core vocabulary is, why it is important, and how to implement it in intervention.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe similarities and differences between 4-5 comprehensive iPad applications for AAC.
|0-15 Minutes||Introduction and Overview|
|60-75 Minutes||Feature Matching|
|75-105 Minutes||App Selection|
|105-115 Minutes||Core Vocabulary|
|115-120 Minutes||Conclusion; Q&A|
No more reviews to load.
Content Disclosure: This learning event does not focus exclusively on any specific product or service.
Course participation information
To ensure you are ready to participate, please complete our short Test Drive to prepare your computer to view the course.
Login and logout times will be recorded and documented.
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit, where applicable.
Live Webinars allow presenter and participant interaction. The exam and course evaluation for these courses must be completed within 7 days of the event.
On-demand courses include texts, video and audio recordings of live webinars, and multimedia formats. The exam and course evaluation for on-demand courses must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the exam, and earn continuing education credit (where applicable), you must be a SpeechPathology.com member.
SpeechPathology.com is committed to providing equal opportunities in accordance with all applicable laws. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that we will require a minimum of 2 weeks to provide a reasonable accommodation for your request.
Visit our Contact us page or give us a call if you have questions.