Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
Founded in 1975, The Help Group is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive nonprofit of its kind in the United States serving children with special needs related to autism spectrum disorder, le
The Help Group
Date Posted: 2017-02-12
Speech Language Pathologists
Sherman Oaks, CA
Full Time | School
Founded in 1975, The Help Group is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive nonprofit of its kind in the United States serving children with special needs related to autism spectrum disorder, learning disabilities, ADHD, developmental delays, abuse and emotional difficulties.
The Help Group is currently seeking full time California licensed Speech Language Pathologists to join our dynamic team on our Sherman Oaks and Van Nuys campuses. With our multidisciplinary team approach, you will have the opportunity to work with counselors, teachers and Occupational Therapists in individual and small group interventions. The agency is dedicated to professional development so new grads are encouraged to apply.
Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology required; License in Speech-Language Pathology from Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Examining Committee in the State of California and from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association; Clinical Fellows in Speech-Language Pathology are also eligible for this position.
THE ROLE OF A SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST AT THE HELP GROUP INCLUDES:
· Providing speech and language services to clients with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other Developmental Disabilities and/or emotional difficulties at The Help Group Schools.
· Engaging in both individual and group interventions with students in both a push-in and pull-out model.
· Assessing progress towards IEP goals, determining new IEP goals, and attending clients’ IEPs.
· Working as a member of an interdisciplinary milieu team, communicating regularly with school staff, counselors, Occupational Therapists, and other team members.
· Providing caregivers with regular updates on student progress and recommendations for support they can provide at home.
The Help Group offers wonderful training opportunities, a supportive, professional work environment and great benefits, including:
- Annual funds for Continuing Education Credits and therapy supplies
- Attendance at clinical staff meetings and trainings
- Excellent benefits, including a 100% employer-sponsored health insurance plan
- Dental, vision, and life insurance
- 403b retirement plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your resume, cover letter and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about The Help Group visit www.thehelpgroup.org.
Occupation Classification Requirements: