Swallow Screening: How and Why
Course Learning Outcomes
- After this course, participants will be able to list 3 differences between screening and evaluation tools.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe 3 different screening tools available for identification of individuals at risk for oropharyngeal dysphagia.
- After this course, participants will be able to explain 2-3 means by which accuracy of screening tests is determined.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe evidence regarding the use of the 3 ounce water swallow protocol for identifying individuals at risk for aspiration.
- After this course, participants will be able to discuss 3 issues affecting implementation of screening tools for individuals at risk for dysphagia.
|0-10 Minutes||Introduction and Overview|
|40-55 Minutes||Three Ounce Water Swallow Protocol|
|55-60 Minutes||Conclusion; Q&A|
No more reviews to load.
Course Participation Information
To ensure you are ready to participate, please complete our short Test Drive to prepare your computer to view the course.
Login and logout times will be recorded and documented.
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit, where applicable.
Live Webinars allow presenter and participant interaction. The exam and course evaluation for these courses must be completed within 7 days of the event.
On-demand courses include texts, video and audio recordings of live webinars, and multimedia formats. The exam and course evaluation for on-demand courses must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the exam, and earn continuing education credit (where applicable), you must be a CEU Total Access member
SpeechPathology.com is committed to providing equal opportunities in accordance with all applicable laws. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact email@example.com. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that we will require a minimum of 2 weeks to provide a reasonable accommodation for your request.
Visit our Contact us page or give us a call if you have questions.