Course Learning Outcomes
- Participants will be able to describe characteristics of beginning communicators.
- Participants will be able to discuss rationales for using AAC strategies with beginning communicators.
- Participants will be able to explain strategies for assessing the communication abilities of beginning communicators.
- Participants will be able to describe the use of aided AAC strategies to enhance expressive and receptive communication.
- Participants will be able to discuss procedures for the initial teaching of picture-based communication aids.
|0-5 Minutes||Welcome & Introductions|
|5-20 Minutes||Nature and characteristics of beginning communicators; What advantages do AAC approaches have over a speech-only approach?|
|20-50 Minutes||Developing a communication profile: Assessment strategies and tools|
|50-70 Minutes||Setting appropriate goals for intervention|
|70-90 Minutes||Guidelines for developing initial AAC materials|
|90-110 Minutes||But how do I get them to use it? Intervention strategies for teaching early communication skills through AAC|
|110-120 Minutes||Questions & Answers|
Course Participation Information
To ensure you are ready to participate, please complete our short Test Drive to prepare your computer to view the course.
Login and logout times will be recorded and documented.
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit, where applicable.
Live Webinars allow presenter and participant interaction. The exam and course evaluation for these courses must be completed within 7 days of the event.
On-demand courses include texts, video and audio recordings of live webinars, and multimedia formats. The exam and course evaluation for on-demand courses must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the exam, and earn continuing education credit (where applicable), you must be a CEU Total Access member
SpeechPathology.com is committed to providing equal opportunities in accordance with all applicable laws. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that we will require a minimum of 2 weeks to provide a reasonable accommodation for your request.
Visit our Contact us page or give us a call if you have questions.