SLP Course Details
Course # 5229
Infection Control for Speech-Language Pathology
Cost: This course is included in a $99 CEU Total Access package.
Unlimited CEUs - Only $99/yr Buy Now
CEUs/Hours Offered: ASHA/0.1 Introductory, Related; CASLPA/1.0
Course Learning OutcomesPreview Exam
- After this course, participants will be able to identify 2 specific reasons why infection control is applicable to speech-language pathology.
- After this course, participants will be able to list at least 3 standard precautions related to infection control.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe differences between the terms disinfect and sterilize.
- After this course, participants will be able to identify EPA required active ingredients and associated concentrations of approved cold sterilants.
- After this course, participants will be able to identify at least 3 required elements of a written infection control plan as outlined by OSHA.
|0-5 Minutes||Introduction/Review of Objectives|
|5-10 Minutes||What is Infection Control?|
|10-15 Minutes||Lessons Learned From HIV|
|15-25 Minutes||Federal Mandates & Standard Precautions|
|25-35 Minutes||Applications to Speech Pathology -Contact with bodily fluids;Review of disease transmission; Opportunistic infections|
|35-40 Minutes||Review of Written Plan Requirements|
|40-55 Minutes||Selecting Appropriate Product|
|55-60 Minutes||Conclusion; Q&A|
Average Rating(167 Reviews)
Most Recent Comments
A.U. Bankaitis, Ph.D.
A.U. Bankaitis, PhD is Vice President of Oaktree Products, Inc a multi-line distributor of hearing health care products located in St. Louis, MO. Dr. Bankaitis earned her doctorate from the University of Cincinnati in 1995 where her funded research investigated the effects of varying degrees of HIV on the auditory system. This led to a niche expertise in infection control. She is considered one of the leading experts in this area serving as the guest editor of Seminars in Hearing dedicated to the topic of HIV/AIDS and the primary author of the popular text books Infection Control in the Audiology Clinic as well as Infection Control for Speech-Language Pathology.
Disclosure: This presenter has no relevant financial or nonfinancial relationships to disclose.
Continuing Education Information
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit.
Please Note: The CEU exam and course evaluation must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the CEU exam and earn continuing education credit, you must be a CEU Total Access member.
American Speech-Language-Hearing Assn.
This course is offered for 0.1 ASHA CEUs (Introductory level, Related Area)
Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists
Certified members of the Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (CASLPA) can accumulate continuing education equivalents (CEEs) for their participation with SpeechPathology.com. One hour of coursework equals 1 CEE. All CASLPA members are encouraged to participate in on-going education.
If you have any technical questions or problems related to this course,
please contact SpeechPathology.com toll free at 800-242-5183