SLP Course Details
Course # 3911
Counseling in Communication Disorders
Cost: This course is included in a $99 CEU Total Access package.
Unlimited CEUs - Only $99/yr Buy Now
CEUs/Hours Offered: AG Bell - LSLS/1.0 Domain 5, CE-SPC-13-065; ASHA/0.1 Intermediate, Professional; CASLPA/1.0; Kansas DHE, LTS-S1370/1.0
Course Learning OutcomesPreview Exam
- Upon completing this course learners will be able to identify contemporary counseling perspectives, i.e. "views of counseling".
- Upon completing this course learners will be able to discuss the importance of information exchanges (getting & giving) and elements of clinical style that influence these exchanges.
- Upon completing this course learners will be able to list emotions that follow challenging life events across the age spectrum.
- Upon completing this course learners will be able to review role(s) in personal adjustment facilitation; working with those having communication disorders and their families.
- Upon completing this course learners will be able to list three practical "take away's" to consider integrating into one's clinical style.
|5-10 Minutes||Establish context and orientation|
|10-30 Minutes||View videotape samples and explore issues of information exchange|
|30-50 Minutes||Review elements of emotional reaction to communication disorders and provide a basis for personal adjustment facilitation|
|50-55 Minutes||Discuss suggested activities and resources|
|55-60 Minutes||Conclusion; Q&A|
Average Rating(60 Reviews)
Most Recent Comments
Michael Flahive, Ph.D., CCC-SLP/A
Michael Flahive is a forty year member of the profession, holding clinical certification in both speech-language pathology and audiology. He is a university professor who has provided clinical services across his work career. Areas of interest include counseling, aural rehabilitation, issues of professional preparation and the applications of technology in our work . Flahive is a Fellow of ASHA.
Disclosure: Instructor Disclosure: Not available. The content for this program was developed and published prior to the ASHA Continuing Education Board requiring instructional personnel to provide financial and nonfinancial disclosure statements.
Continuing Education Information
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit.
Please Note: The CEU exam and course evaluation must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the CEU exam and earn continuing education credit, you must be a CEU Total Access member.
AG Bell - Listening and Spoken Language Credential
This course is offered for 1 hour(s) of CE Credit from the AG Bell Academy for Listening and Spoken Language. For an explanation of content areas, please view pdf listing all 9 "domains."
American Speech-Language-Hearing Assn.
This course is offered for 0.1 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level, Professional Area)
Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists
Certified members of the Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (CASLPA) can accumulate continuing education equivalents (CEEs) for their participation with SpeechPathology.com. One hour of coursework equals 1 CEE. All CASLPA members are encouraged to participate in on-going education.
Kansas Dept of Health & Environment
Approved for 1 continuing education clock hour(s) for Kansas licensed Speech Pathologists by the Kansas Department of Health andEnvironment. Long-Term Sponsorship number: LTS-S1370.
If you have any technical questions or problems related to this course,
please contact SpeechPathology.com toll free at 800-242-5183