Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS): Defining the territoryCourse: #5715 1 Hour
This course will present an introduction to Childhood Apraxia of Speech or CAS. It will help practicing speech-language pathologists make sense of the recent ASHA position statement and technical report. It will include discussion of the new definition, prevalence estimates, and features of this enigmatic disorder.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe what is meant by CAS as outlined in the ASHA position statement.
- After this course, participants will be able to list some co-existing conditions that may complicate the diagnosis of CAS.
- After this course, participants will be able to list and describe the core deficit of CAS.
- After this course, participants will be able to cite the current best estimates for the prevalence of CAS.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe some of the emerging unique features of CAS.
|0-15 Minutes||The ASHA definition|
|15-50 Minutes||Differential diagnosis|
|50-55 Minutes||Implications for treatment|
|55-60 Minutes||Conclusion; Q&A|
Content Disclosure: This learning event does not focus exclusively on any specific product or service.
No more reviews to load.
Course Participation Information
To ensure you are ready to participate, please complete our short Test Drive to prepare your computer to view the course.
Login and logout times will be recorded and documented.
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit, where applicable.
Live Webinars allow presenter and participant interaction. The exam and course evaluation for these courses must be completed within 7 days of the event.
On-demand courses include texts, video and audio recordings of live webinars, and multimedia formats. The exam and course evaluation for on-demand courses must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the exam, and earn continuing education credit (where applicable), you must be a CEU Total Access member
SpeechPathology.com is committed to providing equal opportunities in accordance with all applicable laws. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact email@example.com. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that we will require a minimum of 2 weeks to provide a reasonable accommodation for your request.
Visit our Contact us page or give us a call if you have questions.