Assessing Young Children with Suspected Childhood Apraxia of Speech
Course Learning Outcomes
- After this course, participants will be able to list three key characteristics most sensitive and specific to CAS.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe several speech and non-speech characteristics observed in young children with suspected CAS.
- After this course, participants will be able to explain the challenges of differential diagnosis in young children with suspected CAS.
- After this course, participants will be able to complete a thorough motor speech evaluation for a young child with suspected CAS.
- After this course, participants will be able to use evaluation findings to guide overall direction of further treatment.
|0-5 Minutes||Introduction and overview|
|5-10 Minutes||Primary characteristics of CAS|
|10-25 Minutes||Characteristics observed in young children with suspected CAS – recent research findings|
|25-30 Minutes||Challenges in assessment of younger children with suspected CAS|
|30-50 Minutes||Components of a motor speech evaluation; linking findings to treatment decisions|
|50-60 Minutes||Conclusion; questions & answers|
No more reviews to load.
Course Participation Information
To ensure you are ready to participate, please complete our short Test Drive to prepare your computer to view the course.
Login and logout times will be recorded and documented.
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit, where applicable.
Live Webinars allow presenter and participant interaction. The exam and course evaluation for these courses must be completed within 7 days of the event.
On-demand courses include texts, video and audio recordings of live webinars, and multimedia formats. The exam and course evaluation for on-demand courses must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the exam, and earn continuing education credit (where applicable), you must be a CEU Total Access member
SpeechPathology.com is committed to providing equal opportunities in accordance with all applicable laws. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that we will require a minimum of 2 weeks to provide a reasonable accommodation for your request.
Visit our Contact us page or give us a call if you have questions.