Post Laryngectomy Pulmonary RehabilitationCourse: #5482 1 Hour
This course presents post-laryngectomy pulmonary function and the options available for the laryngectomee to regain and maintain an optimal pulmonary environment using Heat Moisture Exchangers. Options for stoma attachment, how to select proper attachments for patients, and techniques for placement/application of the attachment to ensure optional adhesion for HMEs will also be addressed. Troubleshooting difficult patient stomal topographies in regard to various attachment devices will also be covered.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe normal versus post-laryngectomy pulmonary function.
- After this course, participants will be able to identify the various types of heat and moisture exchange (HME)systems and their clinical applications.
- After this course, participants will be able to identify 3 factors to consider when determining the appropriate HME for the patient.
- After this course, participants will be able to identify physiologic and quality of life benefits of a Heat and Moisture Exchanger.
- After this course, participants will be able to identify and solve problems and solutions related to fitting a patient with an HME.
|5-20 Minutes||Normal pulmonary function versus post-laryngectomy|
|20-30 Minutes||How a Heat and Moisture Exchange(HME)System works|
|30-40 Minutes||Review of the types of HMEs and their clinical applications|
|40-50 Minutes||HME selection criteria|
|50-55 Minutes||Factors to consider when fitting a patient with a HME|
|55-60 Minutes||Conclusion; Q&A|
Course Participation Information
To ensure you are ready to participate, please complete our short Test Drive to prepare your computer to view the course.
Login and logout times will be recorded and documented.
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit, where applicable.
Live Webinars allow presenter and participant interaction. The exam and course evaluation for these courses must be completed within 7 days of the event.
On-demand courses include texts, video and audio recordings of live webinars, and multimedia formats. The exam and course evaluation for on-demand courses must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the exam, and earn continuing education credit (where applicable), you must be a SpeechPathology.com member.
SpeechPathology.com is committed to providing equal opportunities in accordance with all applicable laws. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact email@example.com. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that we will require a minimum of 2 weeks to provide a reasonable accommodation for your request.
Visit our Contact us page or give us a call if you have questions.