SLP Course Details
Course # 5482
Post Laryngectomy Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Thursday, August 16, 2012 at 11:00 am CDT
Cost: This course is included in a $99 CEU Total Access package.
Unlimited CEUs - Only $99/yr Buy Now
Course Learning OutcomesPreview Exam
- After this course, participants will be able to describe normal versus post-laryngectomy pulmonary function.
- After this course, participants will be able to identify the various types of heat and moisture exchange (HME)systems and their clinical applications.
- After this course, participants will be able to identify 3 factors to consider when determining the appropriate HME for the patient.
- After this course, participants will be able to identify physiologic and quality of life benefits of a Heat and Moisture Exchanger.
- After this course, participants will be able to identify and solve problems and solutions related to fitting a patient with an HME.
|5-20 Minutes||Normal pulmonary function versus post-laryngectomy|
|20-30 Minutes||How a Heat and Moisture Exchange(HME)System works|
|30-40 Minutes||Review of the types of HMEs and their clinical applications|
|40-50 Minutes||HME selection criteria|
|50-55 Minutes||Factors to consider when fitting a patient with a HME|
|55-60 Minutes||Conclusion; Q&A|
Average Rating(25 Reviews)
Most Recent Comments
Meaghan Kane-Benjamin, M.A., CCC-SLP
Ms. Benjamin, received her B.A. in Speech and Hearing Sciences in 1993 from Montclair State University, New Jersey and M.A. in Speech and Hearing Science in 1995 from The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. Ms. Benjamin began her career practicing under the mentorship of Mark Singer, M.D. at University of California, San Francisco in the Otolaryngology Department. After 8 years at UCSF as Clinical Manager specialized in Head and Neck Cancer Rehabilitation, Ms. Benjamin relocated to continue her practice with the Otolaryngology Department at Evanston Northwestern Healthcare in Evanston, Illinois. Having such an extensive clinical experience with TE voice restoration, she has directed and been invited faculty at numerous national seminars and training programs in the area of laryngectomy rehabilitation. Ms. Benjamin has been employed by Atos Medical Inc for the past 6 years and is a founding member of the Educational Division of Atos Medical Inc.
Disclosure: This presenter is employed by Atos Medical, who manufactures/sells several of the products that will be discussed during this presentation. There are no nonfinancial relationships to disclose.
If you have any technical questions or problems related to this course,
please contact SpeechPathology.com toll free at 800-242-5183