Help Live Expert Series Seminar
- Need help logging into a Live Expert Event click here now!
- What is the SpeechPathology.com Expert Seminar Series (ESS)?
- What if I am not available during the Live ESS Course?
- Can I earn CEUs/Hours for a Live ESS Course?
- How do I register for a Live ESS Course?
- What do I need to participate in a Live ESS Course?
- Can I take a test drive to check my system?
- How do I login to a Live ESS Course?
- During the Live ESS Course how do I download copies of the handouts?
- During the Live ESS Course how do I ask the presenter questions? Do I need a microphone?
- How do I earn CEUs/Hours for participating in a Live ESS Course?
- I need help logging into a Live ESS Course! – Troubleshooting
What is the SpeechPathology.com Expert Seminar Series (ESS)?
The SpeechPathology.com Expert Seminar Series (ESS) is the profession's premier internet-based educational seminar series. Live ESS courses are typically presented every Monday and Thursday afternoon at noon ET. The most compelling part is that you can participate from almost anywhere! Using our simple to use e-learning platform, all that is required is that you have computer (PC or Mac) with a web browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari), Flash Player 8 or higher and high-speed internet access. The live format allows participants to interact with the "Expert" via question and answer sessions, and to present timely information in an efficient and inexpensive way.
What if I am not available during the Live ESS Course?
All Live ESS Courses are recorded and archived on SpeechPathology.com. The recorded course will be made available within 48 hours following the Live ESS. Simply visit us at www.speechpathology.com, click on the "Browse CEU Course" button, locate the recorded course, and follow the instructions to register for the course. So if you miss a Live e-Seminar, you can simply view the recorded version of the course instead.
Can I earn CEUs/Hours for a Live ESS Course?
YES! All live and recorded courses are available for CEUs/Hours through ASHA and CASLPA. You will need to check the course listing on SpeechPathology.com for the CE details of a specific course. Once a live course has ended you will be required to take a short multiple choice test to earn your CEUs. You will be sent a post event email that will give you instructions on how to do complete the test. You must complete this test within 7 days of the live event to earn CEUs/Hours. Please see our CE Processing Help for more information.
How do I register for a Live ESS Course?
Visit the SpeechPathology.com home page. Click on the "Browse CEU Courses" button then select the register option for the Live e-Seminar. When browsing the live courses, click on any of the seminar titles to view information on that course. When you are ready to register for your course, simply select the 'Register' button.
What do I need to participate in a Live ESS Course?
- Windows or Mac based computer
- Broadband internet connection (DSL, Cable)
- A web browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari)
- Flash Player 8 or higher
- Speakers and/or headphones connected to your computer to listen to the presentation.
- To insure your computer is prepared, perform an eLearning test drive.
Can I take a test drive to check my system?
The Live Event Test Drive is a series of diagnostic tests to insure your computer is prepared for a live course. Click here to view the Test Drive information page. NOTE: If you are unable to complete the series of diagnostic tests, please contact us immediately at 800-242-5183 so that we can assist you with set up.
How do I login to a Live ESS Course?
We recommend that you login to a Live Expert Seminar 20 minutes ahead of the scheduled start time in case there are any login issues with your computer. Please make sure you have all needed software/hardware installed on your computer as listed above. During login if you are prompted to install the Adobe Acrobat Connect Add-in, please do so.
There are two easy ways to login to a Live ESS Course
- When you registered for the Live Course you were sent an email that contained an invitation link. Using your high-speed connection, click on the invitation link in your email and you will be automatically logged into the session. Once you are logged in the Event Moderator will instruct you on how to interact within the course.
- Login to your SpeechPathology.com user account and select 'Pending Courses' under the Continuing Education tab at the top of your navigation menu. Your Live eSeminars are listed under your pending courses, along with a button labeled "Attend Now;" Click the "Attend Now" button up to 30 minutes before the scheduled start time of the eSeminar to enter the online classroom.
During the Live ESS Course how do I download copies of the handouts?
If handouts are available, they can be downloaded during the live seminar from the "File Share" pod. To download a handout, click on the title of the handout and then click the "Save to my Computer" icon.
A new browser window will open with a "Click to download link." Click the link and save the file to your computer. NOTE: Pop-up blockers may prohibit the browser window from opening; disable your pop-up blocker if you cannot download the file.
Use the File Share pod to download handouts.
It is at the discretion of the Presenter if there will be any handouts for a given course, therefore, not all Live ESS Courses will have handouts that can be downloaded and printed out. Download files are typically in PDF format. Click here to download and install Adobe Reader (free). You may download the Handouts from the File Share Pod at any time during the Expert Seminar.
During the Live ESS Course how do I ask the presenter questions? Do I need a microphone?
To ask a question of the presenter, simply type your question in the Chat (Q&A) pod. Type your message in the bottom white bar of the pod and click the carriage return icon to send your message. A microphone is not required to participate in a Live ESS Course. You may ask questions using the Chat method above.
How do I earn CEUs/Hours for participating in an Expert Seminar?
If a course is offered for CEUs/Hours, once a live course has ended you will be required to take a short multiple choice test to earn your CEUs/Hours and complete the process. You will be sent a post event email that will give you instructions on how to complete the test. Please see our CEU Processing Help for more information. Please note that for Live e-Seminars you must complete your CE Test within 7 days of the event or you will not be able to earn CEUs/Hours.
I need help logging into a Live Expert Seminar! – Troubleshooting
Here are the most common steps you can take if you are having trouble logging into a Live Seminar or if you experience any difficulty during the seminar.
Step 1: Make note of any error message that you have seen. This will be important if you need to call us for technical support.
Step 2: Make sure that you have installed both the Adobe Acrobat Connect Add-in and Flash Player. To perform a diagnostic test of your computer which will install any missing applications, please click here. The link includes a series of 4 tests; upon completion of each test, a black check mark will appear to the left of the number with success. If you are prompted to install the Adobe Acrobat Connect add-in or Flash player, please do so. Upon successful completion, log back into the live eSeminar via your invitation. If you are unable to complete the diagnostic series of tests, please contact Technical Support for assistance at 800-242-5183 (select option 3)
Step 3: Enter the Live Expert Seminar by logging into your SpeechPathology.com CEU account.
- Login to your SpeechPathology.com account by clicking the 'Login' button
- Mouseover the "Continuing Education" option on the top of the page.
- Select "Pending Courses" link in the drop down menu.
- Click on the Attend Now button
NOTE: This link will only allow you to login to the Live Seminar during the time that the Live Seminar is being conducted.
If you are logged into your event and experience audio problems, please make sure that your speakers/headphones are connected to your computer securely, turned on with the volume at mid level, and that they are not muted.
If you have gone through all of these steps and continue to experience problems, please contact us at 800-242-5183, or send a note to the moderator using the Chat (Q&A) Pod and we will help you directly.