Memory Impairments: Differential Diagnosis and Treatment Program DesignCourse: #5264 1 Hour
This course will provide the practicing clinician with an overview of memory systems, brain structures involved in memory and differential diagnosis of memory impairments for the most common disease conditions or injuries. Clinical information will be provided for the assessment and treatment of memory impairments.
- After this course, participants will be able to define the three components of the memory system.
- After this course, participants will be able to list memory impairment characteristics for 8 specific disease or injury conditions.
- After this course, participants will be able to explain how to assess memory impairment and determine which strategies would help.
- After this course, participants will be able to list eight key principles in designing a treatment program
- After this course, participants will be able to describe how to develop an individualized treatment plan with short-term and long-term goals.
|5-20 Minutes||Overview: Memory systems model, memory processes and brain structures involved in memory & neural Basis|
|20-30 Minutes||Differential diagnosis of memory impairments|
|30-55 Minutes||Assessment and Treatment Planning: Goals, components of the assessment, severity rating, treatment planning guidelines, memory treatment models, external and internal strategies|
|55-60 Minutes||Conclusion; Q&A|
No more reviews to load.
Course Participation Information
To ensure you are ready to participate, please complete our short Test Drive to prepare your computer to view the course.
Login and logout times will be recorded and documented.
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit, where applicable.
Live Webinars allow presenter and participant interaction. The exam and course evaluation for these courses must be completed within 7 days of the event.
On-demand courses include texts, video and audio recordings of live webinars, and multimedia formats. The exam and course evaluation for on-demand courses must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the exam, and earn continuing education credit (where applicable), you must be a SpeechPathology.com member.
SpeechPathology.com is committed to providing equal opportunities in accordance with all applicable laws. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact email@example.com. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that we will require a minimum of 2 weeks to provide a reasonable accommodation for your request.
Visit our Contact us page or give us a call if you have questions.