Infection Control for Speech-Language Pathology
Course Learning Outcomes
- After this course, participants will be able to identify 2 specific reasons why infection control is applicable to speech-language pathology.
- After this course, participants will be able to list at least 3 standard precautions related to infection control.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe differences between the terms disinfect and sterilize.
- After this course, participants will be able to identify EPA required active ingredients and associated concentrations of approved cold sterilants.
- After this course, participants will be able to identify at least 3 required elements of a written infection control plan as outlined by OSHA.
|0-5 Minutes||Introduction/Review of Objectives|
|5-10 Minutes||What is Infection Control?|
|10-15 Minutes||Lessons Learned From HIV|
|15-25 Minutes||Federal Mandates & Standard Precautions|
|25-35 Minutes||Applications to Speech Pathology -Contact with bodily fluids;Review of disease transmission; Opportunistic infections|
|35-40 Minutes||Review of Written Plan Requirements|
|40-55 Minutes||Selecting Appropriate Product|
|55-60 Minutes||Conclusion; Q&A|
A.U. Bankaitis, PhD
A.U. Bankaitis, PhD is Vice President of Oaktree Products, Inc a multi-line distributor of hearing health care products located in St. Louis, MO. Dr. Bankaitis earned her doctorate from the University of Cincinnati in 1995 where her funded research investigated the effects of varying degrees of HIV on the auditory system. This led to a niche expertise in infection control. She is considered one of the leading experts in this area serving as the guest editor of Seminars in Hearing dedicated to the topic of HIV/AIDS and the primary author of the popular text books Infection Control in the Audiology Clinic as well as Infection Control for Speech-Language Pathology.
Course Participation Information
To ensure you are ready to participate, please complete our short Test Drive to prepare your computer to view the course.
Login and logout times will be recorded and documented.
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit, where applicable.
Live Webinars allow presenter and participant interaction. The exam and course evaluation for these courses must be completed within 7 days of the event.
On-demand courses include texts, video and audio recordings of live webinars, and multimedia formats. The exam and course evaluation for on-demand courses must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the exam, and earn continuing education credit (where applicable), you must be a CEU Total Access member
SpeechPathology.com is committed to providing equal opportunities in accordance with all applicable laws. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact email@example.com. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that we will require a minimum of 2 weeks to provide a reasonable accommodation for your request.
Visit our Contact us page or give us a call if you have questions.