“Pretend I'm the Princess”: Pretend Play Theory, Assessment, and Intervention
Course Learning Outcomes
- After this course, participants will be able to describe the developmental sequence from solitary to collaborative pretend play.
- After this course, participants will be able to identify developmental relationships between pretend play and other developmental domains.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe characteristics of pretend play in children with language impairments (including those on the spectrum).
- After this course, participants will be able to describe methods of assessing collaborative pretend play skills.
- After this course, participants will be able to list strategies for pretend play interventions.
|0-15 Minutes||Definitions and development|
|15-30 Minutes||Developmental relationships and the nature of the disorder|
|30-55 Minutes||Assessment (with client study) and intervention|
|55-60 Minutes||Conclusion; Q&A|
Susan Hendler Lederer, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Susan Hendler Lederer, Ph.D. is an Associate Professor in the Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders at Adelphi University, Garden City, Long Island, NY. She is a NYS licensed and nationally certified Speech-Language Pathologist with 30 years of professional experience in the areas of language, literacy, and pretend play development and disorders. Dr. Lederer has published and presented nationally on best practices in these areas. In addition, she is the author of three children’s books designed to facilitate emerging language, literacy, and pretend play (I Can Say That, I Can Do That, & I Can Play That).
Course Participation Information
To ensure you are ready to participate, please complete our short Test Drive to prepare your computer to view the course.
Login and logout times will be recorded and documented.
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit, where applicable.
Live Webinars allow presenter and participant interaction. The exam and course evaluation for these courses must be completed within 7 days of the event.
On-demand courses include texts, video and audio recordings of live webinars, and multimedia formats. The exam and course evaluation for on-demand courses must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the exam, and earn continuing education credit (where applicable), you must be a CEU Total Access member
SpeechPathology.com is committed to providing equal opportunities in accordance with all applicable laws. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact email@example.com. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that we will require a minimum of 2 weeks to provide a reasonable accommodation for your request.
Visit our Contact us page or give us a call if you have questions.