Steps to Success with Technology for Individuals with AphasiaCourse: #5022 1 Hour
This course will demonstrate: 1) the process of selecting technology/programs to support message formulation and delivery based on the communication needs and abilities of an individual with aphasia; 2) the use of supportive techniques that facilitate use of technology; 3) the steps that assure successful use of technology in everyday life. Video presentations of interventions and outcomes will be used to demonstrate ways that technology can empower individuals with aphasia to actively participate in communications with families, friends and the community.
- After this course, participants will be able to list factors to consider when selecting programs/technology for a client.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe how technology can be used to facilitate message formulation and message delivery.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe supportive techniques that facilitate successful use of technology.
- After this course, participants will be able to list specific programs that have been effective in facilitating communication for people with aphasia.
- After this course, participants will be able to describe ways mainstream technology (e.g., Skype, email, iPads) can be used by people with aphasia to engage in community.
|0-5 Minutes||Introduction and Overview|
|5-10 Minutes||Evidence-based research|
|10-40 Minutes||Featured augmentative and treatment software|
|40-50 Minutes||Case examples of intervention|
|50-55 Minutes||Video presentations of intervention outcomes|
|55-60 Minutes||Summary and Questions|
No more reviews to load.
Course Participation Information
To ensure you are ready to participate, please complete our short Test Drive to prepare your computer to view the course.
Login and logout times will be recorded and documented.
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit, where applicable.
Live Webinars allow presenter and participant interaction. The exam and course evaluation for these courses must be completed within 7 days of the event.
On-demand courses include texts, video and audio recordings of live webinars, and multimedia formats. The exam and course evaluation for on-demand courses must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the exam, and earn continuing education credit (where applicable), you must be a SpeechPathology.com member.
SpeechPathology.com is committed to providing equal opportunities in accordance with all applicable laws. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact email@example.com. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that we will require a minimum of 2 weeks to provide a reasonable accommodation for your request.
Visit our Contact us page or give us a call if you have questions.