Pediatric Medical Speech Pathology - NICU, the New FrontierCourse: #4791 1 Hour
This course will discuss the traditional areas of pediatric medical speech pathology, Pediatric and Pediatric Intensive Care Units, and the newest venue, the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. It will explore the specialized skills and training required to efficiently and effectively serve this most vulnerable population and their families to maximize developmental outcomes.
- After this course, participants will be able to list traditional venues for the Pediatric Speech Pathologist in medical settings
- After this course, participants will be able to list 4 Primary roles of the Speech Language Pathologist practicing in the NICU
- After this course, participants will be able to list at least 3 prerequisite skills required to practice in the NICU
- After this course, participants will be able to list 3 educational resources for the Speech Language Pathologist working in the NICU
- After this course, participants will be able to describe 3 primary populations of infants in the NICU
|0-15 Minutes||Introduction and Overview Traditional venues for Pediatric Medical Speech Pathology|
|15-45 Minutes||Role of Speech Pathologist in the NICU Expertise and Training Required|
|45-55 Minutes||Resources for Training|
|55-60 Minutes||Question and Answer Period|
No more reviews to load.
Course Participation Information
To ensure you are ready to participate, please complete our short Test Drive to prepare your computer to view the course.
Login and logout times will be recorded and documented.
Passing an online exam will be required to earn continuing education credit, where applicable.
Live Webinars allow presenter and participant interaction. The exam and course evaluation for these courses must be completed within 7 days of the event.
On-demand courses include texts, video and audio recordings of live webinars, and multimedia formats. The exam and course evaluation for on-demand courses must be completed within 30 days of course registration.
To participate in the course, complete the exam, and earn continuing education credit (where applicable), you must be a SpeechPathology.com member.
SpeechPathology.com is committed to providing equal opportunities in accordance with all applicable laws. If you are in need of a disability-related accommodation, please contact email@example.com. We will review your request and respond in a timely manner. Please note that we will require a minimum of 2 weeks to provide a reasonable accommodation for your request.
Visit our Contact us page or give us a call if you have questions.